Tickets now available from Southwark Playhouse!
Thank you for your interest in submitting for Slackline Stories (Part Deux). Submission limit has been reached and submissions are now closed.
Slackline Stories is back… with a twist!
Slackline Productions is now accepting submissions for Slackline Stories (Part Deux), a new writing night to be held at the Southwark Playhouse in London on 8th March, 2020 in honour of International Women’s Day.
For our second new writing night, we’ll still showcase the best new short plays, written by female playwrights, directed by female directors and featuring at least one strong female character aged 35+, but this time, they will be written, rehearsed and ready to perform in 24 hours!
How to submit:
Send us a short play (10-15 minute plays or excerpts of plays), that highlights who you are as a playwright or best showcases your style. Bonus points for stories that feature a strong female-identifying character aged 35+!
From there we will choose six playwrights to join us on the 7th March to start the 24 hours of madness and fun!
We’re looking for:
- Playwrights who identify as female
- 10-15 minute plays or excerpts of plays to show us your writing style
- Someone who likes to work on the fly and has a sense of adventure!
- Great stories- the plays don’t have to be political, nor do they have to be female-only. We love an uplifting story, even if the content is sad/dramatic/difficult. We also love things a bit quirky!
IMPORTANT! How the event will work:
We’ll meet up on the night of the 7th March, when playwright/director/actor teams will be assigned. Each playwright will be assigned just two actors, including one who is 35+ and female, so love of writing for a small cast is helpful.
*PLEASE NOTE: you MUST be available from the evening of 7th March- the evening of 8th March to be eligible.*
After meeting with your team and getting to know each other a bit, you’ll head off to write your short play script overnight, with rehearsals starting in the AM. Actors and directors then have until 7pm to get the show on it’s feet and it will be presented before an audience at 7pm! Woohooo!
We will accept submissions until 8th February or until we have 150 submissions, whichever comes first, so don’t delay!
What you get:
- Time in the rehearsal room with actors and a director
- Your script performed for a friendly audience
- Written audience feedback to be collected by Slackline on the evening
- A fun way to further challenge yourself as a writer and work with a director and actors on your script
- The potential to R&D your script further with Slackline to lead to a longer production run
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Slackline Stories Submission with your name, but please leave your name off of the actual script.
We can’t wait to read your work!