We are no longer taking writing submissions for Slackline Sleepover, but please join us on the night.
Limited tickets are available here, with limited early-bird pricing while it lasts!
Announcing Slackline Sleepover- Overnight and Online!
What is Slackline Sleepover? Six playwrights, six directors, twelve (or so) actors… Six new short plays written, rehearsed and performed within 24 hours. Please read this in its entirety for more- submission details below.
Slackline Stories is back… with yet another twist!
Slackline Productions is now accepting submissions for Slackline Sleepover, our latest Slackline Stories event.
This time it’s overnight and online. We’ll still showcase the best new short plays, written by female playwrights, directed by female directors and featuring at least one strong female character aged 35+, but this time, they will be written, rehearsed and ready to perform online in 24 hours!
How to submit:
Send us a short play (around 10 minute plays or excerpts of plays), that highlights who you are as a playwright or best showcases your style. Please if possible send a script with dialogue/characters interacting. Monologues are lovely, but you will be assigned 2-3 actors and we’d love to know more about how you write characters interacting!
Bonus points for stories that feature a strong female-identifying character aged 35+! * Note, this is for writing style reference only! *
From there we will choose six playwrights to join us on the 13th January to start the 24 hours of madness and fun!
We’re looking for:
- Playwrights who identify as female
- Short plays or excerpts of plays to show us your writing style
- Someone who likes to work on the fly and has a sense of adventure!
- Great stories- the plays don’t have to be political (but they can be), nor do they have to be female-only. We love an uplifting story, even if the content is sad/dramatic/difficult. We also love things a bit quirky!
*You MUST be available from the evening of 13th January through to the evening of 14th January to be eligible.*
We will accept submissions until 13th December or until we have 150 submissions, whichever comes first, so don’t delay!
What you get:
- Time in the online rehearsal room with actors and a director
- Your script performed for a friendly audience
- Written audience feedback to be collected by Slackline
- A fun way to further challenge yourself as a writer and work with a director and actors on your script
- The potential to R&D your script further with Slackline to lead to a longer production run
- At the moment, this is an unpaid opportunity (working on funding, but this is not guaranteed)
Please send to Slackline Sleepover Submissions.
Subject: Slackline Sleepover Submission with your name, but please leave your name off of the actual script.
We can’t wait to read your work!
For more about Slackline Productions, see our home page!